Transnetyx real‐time PCR technology is extremely sensitive; any contamination with excess fluid can cause undetermined results. Please follow the guidelines below to collect yolk sac samples.
- Take the whole yolk sac and place in a well of a 96‐well plate (you may use any clean, sterile 96‐well plate for this initial drying step).
- Using a clean cotton swab (Fisher cat# 23—400‐114, for example), press the swab into the well and rotate to absorb all the fluid and dry the sample. Swabs can be provided, upon request.
- Take the swab out with the yolk sac stuck to the swab. Peel the yolk sac tissue off the swab with small tweezers and place in the designated plate well. A relatively dry sample is very important.
- Place the samples in the designated Transnetyx 96‐well plate, and firmly press the rubber cap mat into the wells to ensure no sample contamination in transit.
- Yolk sac tissue may be shipped at room temperature in a Transnetyx 96‐well plate as usual. No special shipping is required.