Empty wells can be used to separate multiple strains in one well plate.
To ensure the well locations match your order, you can utilize our 'Empty Wells' feature when placing your order online. Please follow these instructions below when placing your order:
- First, select the desired strain for well A1 and indicate the number of samples associated with this strain; select 'Add Strain to Order.'
- Before adding your next strain, select 'Empty Wells' and indicate the number of wells in between the first and second strain; select 'Add Strain to Order.' (You will notice that those well locations will be left empty on the image of the well plate.)
- Next, select your desired (second) strain and indicate the number of samples associated with this strain; select 'Add Strain to Order.'
- Repeat this same process for any additional strains.
- The final image of your well plate should indicate samples only in wells that have samples, with the others labeled as 'empty.'
- From here, proceed to the next step to add sample names or ID's.
*Please note that it is not necessary to label any extra unused wells at the end of your order.
**There is no additional charge for using empty wells.